News

Asari Dokubo breaks silence on purported killing of 70 of his boys

The self-proclaimed leader of the Biafra de facto customary government, Asari Dokubo, has quashed a claim by an unnamed member of the outlawed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) that many of his loyalists were killed by some unknown gunmen in Imo state recently.

The IPOB member had last week alleged that Hope Uzodinma, the Governor of Imo state contracted Dokubo to combat IPOB and its armed wing, the Eastern Security Network (ESN). The man said Dokubo trained many boys, put them on N150, 000 monthly allowance, and sent about 79 of them to battle IPOB/ESN in the forest. According to him, unknown gunmen struck and killed many of Dokubo’s foot soldiers, prompting the former militant to flee to Benin Republic.

But in a Facebook Live on Wednesday evening, monitored by POLITICS NIGERIA, Dokubo claimed he instead, killed IPOB and ESN gunmen.

“It is a lie. No single boy of mine died. It is your people (IPOB) that I sent to Satan (killed), their master” Dokubo said.

“Your people know. All of them know how they run past their houses, past their forest. So they danced and went to attack Nigerian Army at Ihiala (in Anambra state).”

This newspaper cannot independently verify all the claims by the man and Dokubo.

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Close
Close